Monday, October 22, 2007

Fires in SoCal

I can't stop watching and reading about the fires in SoCal because our families and friends are all being affected by it. On Sunday I was worried about Pepperdine, my Alma mater and where we got married.
I remember the fires in 1993 (Beth has some pics and a link) and it was crazy scary. I went to Santa Monica to hang out. No hanging out now.
Here are some pictures from my parents place in Trabuco Canyon, right next to Foothill Ranch (Orange County). They haven't evacuated yet, but I wish they would. The last picture is the most recent one.

Dan's family lives in the San Diego area. So far they haven't evacuated but his sister and nephews are in Ramona, very close to the fires. His Dad's house is in Ramona as well but we don't know the status of it because he's vacationing in Mexico right now. And his mom is sitting tight in San Marcos.
Here is a great link (thanks DS and GS) to a map of all the fires. Under the picture, in red, click on "Interactive Google Map."
It's hard to sit out here in CO seeing all this happening to our family. We also have many friends who are in the line of all these fires. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

No comments: