Saturday, October 27, 2007

Not the Golden Arches

Went on another hike with Bethie on Thursday. We went to Royal Arch in Chautauqua Park. Chautauqua Park is my favorite spot in Boulder, so if you ever come out to visit us, be prepared to hike here. I couldn't believe Beth had never hiked Royal Arch, she's lived here forever. I've hiked this trail four times now in 1.5 years. Just an interesting fact. Hike was good, nothing interesting until we stumbled upon this.



Beth said it was from a bear. I thought cool, my first bear-like sighting! Luckily Beth brought Pepper Power. But then I found it was expired. What was that going to do, tickle the bear???? Beth seems to like her expired products because she also ate a year old Luna bar that gave her problems. Poor Bethie. The hike was fun and we went up at a pretty good speed, for me at least. One thing I did notice was the number of people on the trial in the middle of the afternoon. I asked Beth if people worked around here (because she lives in Boulder) and she said,"No, this is Boulder." Hmmm. Cool. And yes, I work, but just part-time which is why I was able to hike in the middle of the afternoon. Here are some lovely pictures from our hike.

Beth nervously standing on top of a rock in front of the arch. I think I made Beth nervous climbing on the rocks with my big Nalgene bottle getting in the way. I need to find a cool water bottle holder/pack like she has.


The Royal Arch.

No comments: