Thursday, October 11, 2007

Owie!!!

I went on a hike today with an old college swimming friend, bfisk1. We decided to tackle Mt. Sanitas, a tame hike according to Beth but a moderately strenuous hike according to these people. Here we are at the summit. Notice my face is red and Beth's isn't. She cycles for a living, so she is in incredible shape. And btw, she also ran 18 blocks to the trailhead to meet me.


The real fun or should I say adventure began on the trail on the way down. That is if you want to call it a trail. Do you see an actual trail in this picture?


Yeah, neither did we but we went down this stuff anyways. We did hook up with a trail that was a bit slippery. (My right arm looks abnormally long.)


The funny part is that I was pretending to fall. I really fell about three steps after this. Thank goodness there was a cactus plant to my right that I grabbed to break my fall. (The brown stuff are the thorns, and some dirt.)


After trying to pick out all one hundred thorns (yes, I counted), we started down again. Then I heard a rock slide. I thought it might be a bear because they have been sited in these here parts over the last week. I picked up my pace and Beth had no idea why as she supposedly didn't hear the rock slide. Well, we finally made it down through the canyon to the main trail. It was a fun adventure and we plan to do a different hike next week. Can't wait to see what happens then! And in case you are wondering, I still have a few thorns embeded in my hand. Owie!!!

No comments: