Thursday, January 3, 2008

Titanic

We (Deb, Dan and I) went to the DMNS on January 1 to see the Titanic Exhibit. I highly recommend this to everyone if it comes your way. I learned so much about the ship, the happenings prior to the voyage and the passengers and why they were traveling on the Titanic. The artifacts they recovered were amazing and some were still in very good condition. It was an incredible history lesson. We all received a "boarding pass" of one of the passengers at the beginning of the tour. At the end of the tour we would find out if "we" lived or died. This boarding pass actually told a lot about the passenger - their age, class, cabin #, reason for traveling and other passenger facts. My lady, Helene Baxter, survived along with her daughter and son's fiance. Unfortunately her son died. I actually was very sad to learn of his fate. I really became engrossed with this ship and its history. Later that night, I went here to learn more about Helene, the Titanic and the stories of the other passengers. Deb's lady, her husband and brother-in-law all survived; and Dan's guy, his wife and their son survived. Go see this exhibit, or check out this site to learn more! (gee, I sound like a commercial.)

On a sidenote, Dan noticed this very funny sign at the musuem.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I explored the Colorado restrooms. Very interesting artifarts in there.

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

It looks like an order. You'll explore Colorado restrooms and you'll like it.