Wednesday, July 23, 2008

BSS #3, #4 & #5

Did three more Boulder Stroke and Stride events. I'm just going to pass through #3. My swim time was good considering I had stomach issues all day and then some ashhole/poor sport decided to do one wallop of a kick in my stomach and then tried to swim me out of the reservoir. My run was slow but glad I finished it. Wish my swim was as gentle as this swim.

BSS #4 was awesome! Bragging moment - I was first out of the water, men and women, for the 1/2 mile swim. My 5k time was the fastest to date. My swim time was only a few seconds slower than my best time and then I come to find out that the swim was 839 meters instead of 750 meters. It was an awesome race and I felt great. 

BSS #5 was good. I decided not to wear a wetsuit and I could tell a difference in my stroke/swim. I finished fourth out of the water and my time was a bit slower. If I can make excuses, which I can because it is my blog, I blame it on not wearing a wetsuit and the fact that the swim was 815 meters instead of 750. My 5k time was slow, just couldn't find the power. I emailed the race director asking him if the swim is long again this week if we could shorten the run to make up for it. He didn't go for it. :)
Tomorrow is BSS #6. I'm really hoping to break 30 minutes in my 5k. Yes, I am a slow runner. Guess it would help if I ran more than this one time a week, plus I'm still trying to be gentle on my back. The following week is the last BSS of the season (I missed the first three). I think I'm going to try the 1-mile swim and 5k as a power finish to the series. Ohhh, Ahhhh, yells the crowd. 
The series has been so much fun and will probably be my only triathlon type race I do this year. I totally recommend it to anyone who is out here. Yeah!

No comments: