Sunday, July 27, 2008

She Shoots! She Scores!

Been going to watch Debbie play some ice hockey over the past few weeks. She recently joined an all-women's hockey team and they play about 20 minutes from my house. She kicks ass. It is actually so much fun to watch, quite different than the NHL. She plays on the novice squad so the skating is slower and stopping sometimes means running into the boards but these ladies have spirit and guts! What is so cool to watch is that they never give up, even when they are super exhausted by the third period. Unlike the NHL they don't have a full roster. Often only 4-6 women will show up so that means a lot of play time for these ladies. At her game two weeks ago, Debbie scored! It was awesome. I screamed in excitement and jumped up and down. Then I turned around to the gentleman behind me and told him that was my sister who scored. I was so proud. There were about 10 of us in the stands that night, it was a large crowd. Here are some pics of my sister in action, she's #11...

No comments: